Dont have an account?Sign up here
20 October 2011
• More children need support
• There is less capacity to respond to this increased need because of cuts in funding
Action for Children currently run over 120 centres across the UK. These centres help over 90,000 children and families by providing the emotional and practical support they need.
However due to decreases in funding, their children’s centres are being asked to deliver more for less.
The services they spoke to are feeling the impact of cuts and contract changes. Common implications include:
• Decrease in overall budget
• Reduction in staff
• Less services provided
They are concerned that if these trends continue, it will result in a dismantling of the infrastructure of children's centres.
Intensive family support
When asked if their budgets had been affected by cuts, Action for Children’s intensive family support services:
• 73% of services had a decrease in their overall budget
• Five intensive family support services have closed
• 22% of services reported working at higher thresholds of need
In addition they are uncertain about their future and the services they rely on.