Dont have an account?Sign up here
Institute for Learning (IfL) is the independent professional body for teachers and trainers in further education (FE) and skills.
Our members work across a range of educational environments; in any context where young people and adults develop the skills and knowledge required to lead successful and rewarding lives.
The role of IfL is to support professional development and excellence in order to deliver the best possible teaching experience to millions of learners, including:
• adult and community learning
• emergency and public services
• FE colleges
• the armed services
• sixth-form colleges
• the voluntary sector
• work-based learning
As a key partner in ensuring an expert FE workforce, IfL is responsible for:
• registering teachers and trainers in FE and skills
• keeping an overview of teachers' continuing professional development (CPD)
• conferring the professional status of Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) and Associate Teacher Learning and Skills (ATLS) through the Professional Formation process
We work to raise the status of teachers and trainers in FE and skills by promoting and supporting professional excellence through continuing professional development (CPD). We also represent the voice of our members to sector organisations, national agencies and the government.