Dont have an account?Sign up here
Calor makes the following proposals to UK energy policy makers:
• Update the Heat Strategy to recognise the potential contribution of high efficiency LP Gas heating systems towards the decarbonisation of heat in off-grid markets
• Recognise the potential of efficient LP Gas heating systems under ECO and Green Deal on par with other low carbon solutions
• Introduce support for gas absorption heat pumps under the domestic and non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) schemes
• Introduce support for biopropane under the domestic and non-domestic RHI schemes
• Review the Feed In Tariff (FiT) tariff calibration for micro CHP to drive the effective deployment of these technologies in the UK on par with other low carbon solutions
About Calor Gas Ltd:
Calor Gas began operating in 1935 with the aim of bringing clean, efficient and modern energy solutions to homes and businesses across Great Britain. Today Calor continues to play a vital role meeting rural energy requirements, supplying bulk and bottled LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) 365 days a year to homes and business either located off the mains gas grid, or with a portable gas requirement.
As Britain's leading supplier of LPG, Calor has developed an excellent understanding of the unique energy challenges that rural householders face. Calor takes its environmental and social responsibilities very seriously and wants rural property owners to have a strong voice in the energy efficiency debate. – and the same opportunity to reduce their carbon emissions and fuel costs as exists in on-grid areas, through access to energy efficient, low carbon technologies and energy sources.
Calor LPG – an exceptional energy:
LPG is an exceptional energy and is the lowest carbon-emitting fossil fuel available in rural areas. It is the most environmentally sensitive conventional fuel option for homes and businesses with no access to natural gas.
Calor – helping to reduce fuel bills and carbon emissions:
Calor fully supports Government efforts to tackle climate change and fuel poverty, and ensure energy security. As the energy market has changed, Calor has developed its product and service proposition, transforming Calor from a traditional LPG supplier to a modern Energy Services Company (ESCO) supplying a range of low carbon and energy efficient fuels, technologies, appliances and services targeted mainly at rural areas.