Dont have an account?Sign up here
Age UK works to improve the lives of people in later life. We celebrate ageing and believe it presents unprecedented opportunities and challenges at home and abroad. We challenge ageist prejudice in society.
Our aim is a better later life for today and tomorrow. We work with politicians, both in Westminster and in constituencies as well as with civil servants in government departments and non-departmental public bodies. At Age UK we base our influencing work on evidence of what works, on the views of people in later life and on the experience of our partners who directly deliver services. If you, or your staff would like to see this work in action then please do contact us. We are happy to organise visits to projects, in-depth briefings or focus groups.
Age UK along with our partner organisations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and our local partners across England deliver services which make a dramatic difference to the lives of older people.
We will use our influence, services and power in the marketplace to deliver transformational and sustainable improvements to later life for today and tomorrow, both in the UK and internationally.
A world in which older people flourish is a world in which older people will:
• be equal citizens with equal rights
• have enough money for a secure and decent life, and have access as consumers to the products and services they need at a price they can afford
• have access to the healthcare and social care they need
• have the opportunity to live healthier longer lives and to enjoy a sense of well-being
• live in homes and neighbourhoods that are safe and comfortable and which enable them to lead fulfilling lives
• have opportunities to participate and contribute as volunteers, active citizens, good neighbours, family members, and workers
• enjoy the benefits of longer life, wherever they are in the world.